New Parks, Commercial and Residential Projects Moving Forward as People Prioritize Home, Work and Lifestyle Amenities
(Lone Tree, Colo.) – February 7, 2022 – The RidgeGate community in Lone Tree, Colorado, saw significant momentum with the start of several exciting new projects last year and expects to hit several key milestones in the year ahead. The mixed-use community is flourishing on both the east and west sides—with new infrastructure, public transportation, extensive parks and open space, retail space, commercial and residential offerings taking shape to further expand its complete community where people can live, work and play.
“RidgeGate was designed with the goal of helping companies and people thrive, and each year we deliver on the promise of creating a full community with lifestyle amenities, connection to work and nature, and diverse residential offerings,” said Keith Simon, Executive Vice President and Director of Development for Coventry Development Corporation, the master developer for RidgeGate. “We are excited for the next chapter at RidgeGate and believe 2022 will be a transformative year.”
The residential opportunities at RidgeGate are evolving — last year Shea Homes closed on the land for its Lyric at RidgeGate™ community, named for its poetic approach to Colorado living. Phase 1 comprises 185 acres and 430 homes, and will become a highly anticipated new neighborhood on the east side. As the master homebuilder, Shea Homes will work alongside several other select homebuilders to build approximately 1,900 homes just east of the RTD RidgeGate Station–with their Phase 1 model homes scheduled to be completed by the end of this year. Shea also signed an agreement with Quantum Fiber, a Lumen Technologies brand, to construct a state-of-the-art all fiber broadband network. With the Quantum Fiber network in Lyric™ residents will experience the benefits of high-performance, reliable connectivity, including enhanced Wi-Fi, as a standard home amenity to work from home, take online classes, or connect with friends and loved ones—all with unlimited data.
Several residential rental projects also broke ground in 2021 and are slated for completion this year, including:
- Novus Sky Ridge Station Apartments, a new 240-unit apartment complex situated on the last parcel of land at the Sky Ridge Station transit-oriented development (TOD) site. The seven-story apartment complex, which includes two levels of parking, is adjacent to several large employers in the area including the Sky Ridge Medical Center, Charles Schwab and Kiewit’s regional headquarters. Construction is scheduled to be complete in Fall 2022.
- 67 affordable apartments are being built by Koelbel and Company at RidgeGate Station. Project amenities include a fitness center, community room, and onsite leasing with units ranging from 30% to 80% AMI.
- Additionally, the Regency Residential Apartments at RidgeGate Station broke ground on its first phase of 540 market rate apartments and are scheduled for completion in 2023. As one of the first RidgeGate development projects on the east side of I-25, this project will create a mixed-use, transit-oriented community that provides well-designed interior living spaces and high-quality outdoor spaces.
- The final segment of the East-West Regional Trail, which connects Highlands Ranch, Castle Pines, Lone Tree and Parker was completed in 2021. The City of Lone Tree and South Suburban Parks and Recreation District completed the master planning of the 80 acre Lone Tree Regional Park.
On the west side of RidgeGate numerous large-scale corporate campus projects recently reached completion. Charles Schwab’s mixed-use retail, conference center and parking building is now complete and Kiewit’s New Regional Campus opened last year with their second building – an 150,000 square foot building – scheduled to be completed later this year.
“RidgeGate is a prime example of a mixed-used community that has been successfully attracting large corporate campuses looking to be embedded in a desirable walkable and diverse community in order to enhance their employee retention and recruitment,” said Simon.
Future projects are also taking shape and anticipated for 2022 on the east side of the community. RidgeGate continued the construction of millions in public infrastructure and streetscape that laid the necessary groundwork for all future developments. Current projects include:
- A 200 unit luxury seniors community called the Retreat at Lone Tree, being developed by Experience Senior Living Development (ESLD), a NexCore-owned company. They plan to break ground in Q4 of 2022.
- A highly anticipated new anchor grocery store tenant is likely to be announced in Q2 that will serve the future and current residents in the area on the east side.
- The final large retail site on the West Side at RidgeGate Commons (near Cabela’s and Sierra Restaurant) will likely be announced in the first quarter.